Join the wineries of the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail for our Spring Oyster Crawl on Sunday, April 26, 2015! Each participating winery will be offering a delicious oyster dish to pair with their wines. After experiencing the Oyster Crawl, you too will agree that “Virginia is for Lovers”… of wine and oysters!
Virginia is quickly becoming known as the Oyster Capital of the East Coast. And a great way to enjoy the experience is with local wines & oyster pairings along the Chesapeake Bay Wine Trail – voted the #1 Wine Trail in Eastern VA by the readers of Virginia Living Magazine in 2013!
Here are a few examples of the oyster dishes that will be available at our wineries:
– Athena Vineyards and Winery: Oyster Gumbo (Athena will also be serving oysters on Saturday, April 25.)
– Belle Mount Vineyards: Raw Oysters with a glass of wine for $15 (Belle Mount will also offer Fried Oysters and a glass of wine for $15 on Saturday, April 25.)
– Dog and Oyster Vineyard: Glorified Oysters, signature roasted oyster of The Hope and Glory Inn; Oyster Shooters with Dog and Oyster’s Onion and Pepper Relish; and Southern Roasted Oysters, signature roasted oyster of Byrd’s Seafood Co.
– General’s Ridge Vineyard: Oysters Rockefeller
– Good Luck Cellars: Scalloped Oysters (Good Luck will also be serving oysters on Saturday, April 25.)
– Ingleside Vineyards: Oysters on the Half Shell and Oysters “Drago-style” (grilled with seasonings and Parmesan cheese). Plus live music in the courtyard.
– Jacey Vineyards: “Oysters Velas” (Oysters on the Half Shell with seasonings, minced & rinsed onions, Iberico Cheese and topped with Serrano Ham) – Jacey will also offer Oysters Velas on Saturday, April 25 from 12-4pm.
– Oak Crest Vineyard & Winery: Oysters on the Half Shell and Roasted Oysters
– Vault Field Vineyards: Steamed Oysters with Black Bean, Onion & Green Pepper Relish
Normal wine tasting fees will apply at each winery and oysters will be available for sale. Want to stay informed? Please “Like” ourFacebook page for additional updates throughout the spring leading up to the Oyster Crawl!
Want to save on wine tastings at each winery? Check out our limited-edition Tasting Pass!